|You Are Here: ||| RBLTD Home ||| Sustainability/Envt. ||
ROBINSON BROTHERS LIMITED ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Robinson Brothers Ltd recognises that its activities as a Chemical Manufacturer can impact on the Environment. We are committed to the prevention of pollution from our activities. We will achieve this by operating our ISO 14001 Management System across the company. This will :-
- Identify, on an ongoing basis, all aspects of our operations which effect the Environment.We will prioritise these effects and focus on those which are most significant.
- Establish well resourced and closely targeted programmes to continuously improve our performance against the significant priorities.
- Provide auditable numerical and other objectives for these programmes within a framework of continuous improvement.
- Measure and report to all of our stakeholders our progress against these goals.
By this means we will meet both the letter and spirit of all relevant legislation and the Chemical Industry Associations Responsible Care Initiative while continuously improving our Environmental performance.
We are committed to the prevention of pollution and in particular we will :-
- Reduce all of the impacts we have on our local communities, particularly odours and noise.
- Minimise the generation of waste through improved treatment, reuse and recycling.
- Ensure that unavoidable waste is handled, stored and disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Efficiently use all input resources, particularly raw materials, energy and water.
- Take all measures necessary to prevent pollution of the land occupied by the site.
- Aim to use safer chemicals and processes in our new product development programmes.
We will implement this policy through :-
- Commitment to and Leadership of the process by Management at the highest level within the Company and by gaining the support of all RBL employees for our Environmental objectives through communications, training and involvement.
- Provision of the necessary human, financial and equipment resources to ensure that the policy is carried through including the direct leadership of a senior manager responsible for Environmental Policy.
Our Environmental Policy is public and will be displayed prominently within our facilities, issued to all our employees and made freely available to other stakeholders on request.