Robinson Brothers Ltd, under the brand name of Robac Polymer Chemicals, manufactures a wide range of additives for the polymer market. These products find applications in coatings, electronics, flame-retardants, resins and addhesives. More information can be find on the Robac site.
Octadecyl mercaptan (ODM) and hexadecyl mercaptan (HDM)
- modifiers in polysulphide resins
- molecular weight control in polymers
- anti-tarnish agent for use in silver polish
- applications in adhesives and electronic coatings
- unique process chemistry giving novel low odour characteristics
Click here for RBL range of mercaptans.
Long Chain mercaptans (C12 to C22)
RBL has recently developed a range of long chain branched mercaptans for the adhesive and sealant industry. These include DPHTG and PP150-TMP:
- curative in epoxy resins
- additional functionality available for cross-linking within polymers
Below - structure of dipentaerythritol hexakis thiogycollate (DPHTG):
UV and Thermal Stabilisers
- Arbestab N and Arbestab Z have a range of properties for application as UV and thermal stabilisers and anti-oxidants within flame retardants, rubber vulcanisation and coatings
- Robinson Brothers Ltd is also able to provide custom chemistry solutions for the polymer industry. Working closely with innovative companies, RBL has successfully developed and manufactured polymers for diverse applications including coatings, curatives and the biodegradable packaging. Please contact us to discuss how we could service your particular application.