ROBINSON BROTHERS LIMITED HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Robinson Brothers Ltd. Founded in 1869, is a totally independent family owned business. We develop manufacture and market quality speciality chemicals to a range of outlets. These include the Pharmaceutical, Agrichem, Veterinary, Polymer, Photographic, Cosmetic and Gas Distribution industries.
We operate from one site at West Bromwich in the West Midlands. Our markets and customers are spread throughout the World with the UK, North America and Far East predominating.
While our business is to manufacture chemicals we will not do so in a manner which could harm the health and safety of our employees, contractors,visitors,neighbours, customers or the community at large. The Board expects the highest standards to be applied to all aspects of Process Safety and occupational Health and Safety and will not comprise on these standards.
As the board member with specific responsibility for Health and Safety my objective is to provide leadership and visibility in all aspect of Occupational Health and Safety Process Safety. We will do this by :-
- Discussing all aspects of Occupational Health and Safety and Process Safety at all Board Meetings. This will include a full review of all of our performance indicators in this area including Process
- Safety Performance indicators, accident and ill health data along with near misses and concerns.
- Ensuring suitable arrangements are in place to deliver a structured approach to managing out highest risks.
- Actively promoting and supporting our Safety committees as a means of employee involvement and management visibility.
- Providing Quarterly newsletters to all employees to assist in delivering the safety message and this policy.
- Making everyone in RBL aware that they all have a need and responsibility for improving our Health, Safety performance and that their individual contributions to this are of critical importance.
- Developing the strongest possible safety culture in the people of RBL by means of training, communication, consultation and motivation. We will use well thought out and resourced H & S policies backed up by external and internal auditing under a philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Setting a goal of eliminating all injuries and occupational illnesses for our stakeholders from our activities, services and products while still planning, organising and training for emergencies.
- Having a policy of openness in communicating, consulting and responding to questions on H & S matters with our employees, neighbours, suppliers,customers and other interested parties.